Renovation/Rehab Construction Supervisor
This position is responsible for overseeing Habitat for Humanity rehab construction projects. A background in renovation work and project estimating is preferred. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals. You will interact with AmeriCorps members, volunteers, Habitat partner families, city inspectors, and subcontractors. You will be leading crews of various ages (16+) and skill sets, while overseeing all of the details of the construction project. Your expertise will be used to inspect rehab projects, develop a work scope, oversee remodeling with volunteer & subcontracted labor, meet local & state building codes and pass inspections. You will be responsible for coordinating material deliveries and scheduling subcontractors, as well as managing the build schedule, reporting progress to the Director of Construction.
Construction Crew Leader
The AmeriCorps team member in this role is integral to our goal of building more homes and better neighborhoods and communities throughout our service area. The member will give the necessary boost to significantly increase the number of families our affiliate is able to serve through our new construction, critical home repair and rehab projects.
• Assist with hand-on construction tasks, including, but not limited to, demolition, site preparation, framing, insulation, drywall, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry and landscaping.
• Maintain site safety through modeling of safety practices and guidelines, volunteer education, and site monitoring. Attend safety trainings with our construction staff
• Help with materials management on site and at the affiliate warehouse. Pick up/gather materials needed for projects
• Collaborate with construction staff to identify skilled/enthusiastic volunteers and cultivate their involvement in Habitat’s work (i.e. encourage them to consider being trained as regular site leaders and/or returning volunteers)
• Provide on-site orientations and safety talks to groups of volunteers and family partners
• Participate in planning and debriefing meetings each day
• Attend and participate in select affiliate events; responsibilities may include set up, clean up, and engaging with attendees and informing them about the AmeriCorps program, our affiliate’s mission and NRI programming, and how to become a volunteer and/or family partner
• Assist the site supervisor and construction manager in day to day construction activities, i.e.; all aspects of construction, troubleshooting mechanical problems, tool and site organization, picking up materials and supplies for job site, site clean-up and maintenance, and assisting skilled trades people
• Lead volunteers and homeowners on construction tasks, ensuring that they are well-employed while on the project sites; teach complex construction techniques in an empowering and accessible way while maintaining compliance with Habitat safety protocols at the build site
• Act as a host to homeowners and volunteers by welcoming them, signing them in, making sure coffee, water, and other hospitality supplies are available to volunteers; present “Habitat 101” at the start of each workday; and answer questions on Habitat history, policy and programs
• Help to create a work environment that is productive and inclusive of all (homeowners, regular volunteers, new volunteers and staff)
• Assist with warranty issues at completed Habitat projects including recruiting and organizing skilled volunteers on warranty work
• Complete the reporting and timesheet requirements of the AmeriCorps program in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner
• Arrive on time and ready to serve, and promote the mission, goals and values of the AmeriCorps program
To apply, submit a motivational statement along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “HFH AmeriCorps – Construction Crew Leader” in the subject line.